There have been so many changes for our business in the last year from the addition of our Crozet location to the major renovations that have happened at our Charlottesville location. We’ve added new doctors, Dr. Becky Pocock, Dr. Eleanor Davis, and we have shared in the excitement of new marriages, new babies, and new paths among the rest of our staff. But nothing has compared to the anticipation and longing on behalf of both offices, during the last year of seeing our client’s back, in-person.
We have been anticipating this moment since we had to close our doors to your faces back in March of 2020 and starting Monday, July 5th, 2021 we will be welcoming clients to join their pets into our locations. Can you believe it has been 15 months since we saw our last client face-to-face inside our buildings?
A few guidelines as we navigate reopening our building:
- Clients will be asked to wear a mask in the building regardless of vaccination status. Children under the age of 5 are exempt from this policy. We will have masks for you to wear if needed. Our staff will also be wearing masks. Even though the majority of the office has received one of the vaccines, we know that it is an imperfect system and we want to create a safe environment for clients and staff.
- We are currently limiting clients to two family members per visit so that we can limit the amount of traffic in the hospital.
- We are asking that clients still drive up and call our office from one of the spaces out front. Our reception staff will get you checked in, pre-screen you and gather your vehicle information. After you are checked in, one of our team members will come to assist you and your pet to your exam room.
- At this time, technician appointments, surgery drop-off/discharge, and drop-off appointments will be curbside service.
- If you are picking up food or medications, you may come into the office to pick them up from the front desk.
Our Charlottesville location is in the final stages of renovation construction, so please don’t mind our dust and mess. We are already so thrilled by the process that has been made and we hope you will love it as much as we do.
We can’t begin to thank each of you enough for entrusting your pet’s care and wellness to us. We hope that you know how much it means to us to call you family and we look forward to sharing the next season of growth at Old Dominion Animal Hospital with you.